Flexible Work Arrangements at Qantas
Recently you would have received an email from Qantas outlining the process for applying for a Flexible Work Arrangement has started.
It’s important to recognise that your union has secured changes in your ASU EB 11 – Side letters that secures the FWA process to be fairer and more supportive of our members seeking to apply. Qantas must consider and respond to all requests made by staff for a FWA. - You can see the side letters here.
You can request flexible working arrangements if you:
- are the parent, or have responsibility for the care, of a child who is school aged or younger;
- are a carer (under the Carer Recognition Act 2010);
- have a disability;
- are 55 or older;
- are experiencing family or domestic violence, or;
- provide care or support to a member of their household or immediate family who requires care and support because of family or domestic violence.
Here are some important quick notes to remember if applying:
- FWA requests will be considered for all eligible employees from all classifications. Qantas’ operational requirements are a primary consideration and subject to those operational requirements, Qantas will seek to afford FWAs to employees who request them.
- On an annual basis an EOI Process will occur, Qantas will put out an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- In accordance with the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth), Qantas needs to consider each individual request and respond in writing within 21 days of receiving a written request.
- The final agreement must be provided to you in writing.
- If your request falls below your minimum standard hours in the ASU EB 11 – your union must be notifed and must agree to the drop in such hours, members need to get in contact with your union should you submit an EOI that drops below your standard hours.
If you are submitting your EOI remember to -
- CC your EOI to your union team at Airlines@together.org.au
- Take a Delegate or support person to any meetings with Simone or Guy about your FWA.
- Do not sign your FWA until your union support person has checked it over.
If you are applying for an FWA – you can find the application here.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch.