The 2023 Together Delegate training program will consist of two single day training courses run concurrently.
The first day will focus on building power in workplaces and the second day with focus on industrial instruments & consultative committee skills. The course will be offered in Brisbane as well as various regional locations. You will have the option of registering for one or both days depending on your area of interest.
See below for an outline of what you can expect during training.
Here are the delegate training dates and locations for this year.
Mackay 21 and 22 March
Brisbane 18 and 19 April
Cairns 23 and 24 May
Townsville 6 and 7 June
Brisbane 25 and 26 July
Gold Coast 8 and 9 August
Maryborough 22 and 23 August
Bundaberg 12 and 13 September
Brisbane 17 and 18 October
Rockhampton 14 and 15 November
Queensland public servants have access to paid union training leave to participate in training. Check your EB if you're unsure about your rights to paid industrial relations training leave!
- Building Power in your workplace.
- What’s power in the workplace?
- An organised workplace
- How do we deal with workplace issues?
- An organising conversation
- Industrial Instruments and Consultative Committee training
- Where to find your rights and entitlements
- Consultative Committee Frameworks
- How to maximise the benefits from your consultative committee
- Influencing the employer
- Putting things into practice
If you are interested in participating in delegate training (or want to inquire about how to become a union delegate for your workplace) please email email@example.com.